We are committed to understanding, managing and reducing the environmental and ecological impacts of our activities through innovation, technology and cultural change.
Amongst our core values is our environmental performance and we fully embrace our responsibilities towards reducing the ecological impact of our business activities.
We are committed to:
- Maintaining comprehensive environmental management systems, in all our business activities that are certified to ISO14001 to ensure that we comply with environmental legislation, regulations and other applicable requirements.
- Promoting recycling and the use of recycled materials. Using our resources efficiently and reducing waste.
- Measuring the most significant environmental impacts of the business.
- Sustainability management – working with the local community, government and the British Research Establishment (BRE) to enhance current performance and reduce carbon emissions.
- Governance, behaving ethically and contributing towards economic development.
- Environmental performance.
- Responsible sourcing and procurement.
Environmental policy and targets are a key part of the Myers strategy and are regularly reviewed to ensure best practice is promoted and maintained.